Saturday, July 07, 2007







I am 10 years old again !

So tonight I had some free time while laying over in Minneapolis and decided to go and the new Transformers movie. Im going to not be a typical fan and trash everything wrong with the movie that stuck out like sore thumbs ie. so many important details ommitted, changed or otherwise bastardized and the fact thats its a 144 mintue General Motors commercial. These things I an gladly overlook in light of a great action packed movie that actually made me get warm fuzzy's remembering all the great memories of the original cartoon comic books and toys. Tonight my true inner nerd and sci fi geek almost got the best of me in the scene where Optimus Prime is shown for the first time and you here the voice of Peter Cullen who is the same person who did the voice work for the original cartoon and work on just about every cartoon in the 80's and early 90's. We are talking goose bumps kids. I almost got up and shouted out loud. I realize that if your not a fan of this kind of stuff I probably sound like the unibomber or an equivalent but well you can bite it. I actually sat on the edge of my seat for 2 1/2 hour and ate a whole bag of popcorn ala Cassie and I dont even like popcorn ?

6 Comments:

Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said...

I've been nervous about this one because I had those things growing up & I'm not sure how it would match up to how I remembered them.

But I doubt there's much similarity, and I've heard the action sequences are pretty outstanding.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Denny said...

well alot of things really dont match up at all. If you can give up a little and pretend like you dont know the storylines from the original series and comic books its worth seeing in the theater. The action sequences and transformation scenes are phenominal.

12:03 PM  
Blogger JLee said...

This is more of a "guy movie" but I want to see it for the special affects alone. Looks pretty cool...

5:15 AM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` DENNY!!! Just dropped in to tell you that... well, you were so much cooler online? I AM DA BOMB! (Scroll down!)

` Also, I can't say I liked Transformers a whole lot as a kid, though I used to sing the Ballad of Optimus Prime a lot.
` He was the greatest Transformer hero of all time, apparently.

11:34 PM  
Blogger jason said...

I saw it as well on Monday. I'm with you....when I first saw optimus prime I wanted to cheer. I went in expecting a pretty shitty movie with cool action sequences. I was surprised, the movie was actually pretty funny. I liked when bumble bee would play songs to help Witwicky woo the girl. Witwicky was actually a pretty good actor. Unfortunately that can't be said for his love interest. My only other gripe is that the action scenes were shot too close up for the most part. It was nice that they had soundwave in it, he was one of my favorites from the cartoon. I can't wait for the sequel. One word.....GRIMLOCK!

6:52 PM  
Blogger locomocos said...

how can anyone not like popcorn?

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home