Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I am so sick of hearing people say "It's a free country".

First off let me say that I'm not a conspiracy guy. I've read the books, the magazine articles and watched the shows about conspiracy theories and most of the time these things are far fetched and even a little nutty but make for good entertainment. Now, with that being said I came across this video clip yesterday and even though some of the things in it are a little over dramatized with scary music and all, I did some fact checking and put some of that with some things I already know and came to the conclusion that it disturbs me more than just a little. Hopefully this didn't just catch my eye because of my growing discontent with our government on either side of the spectrum or my recent debacles trying to deal with the I.R.S. with my own issue trying to run my own small business. This clip is about 15 minutes long so if you have a little free time and check it out. Am I losing it or what ? I'd be interested to hear your feedback as the few of you that still come to my neglected blog are from all corners of political and life views.



Do any of you honestly think that we are really free ?

6 Comments:

Blogger Blackpetunia said...

It is a bit dramatized, some interesting points in there, and some of it not surprising to me, as I haven't thought of us as "free" just for being American at any point in my life.
It sounds like you've gotten really screwed on the taxes, as a business owner. That really sucks. There is some libertarian group that was starting a community in New Hampshire, I think, you should check it out.

8:15 AM  
Blogger locomocos said...

hold please.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Taxes = evil!

` I didn't really get to watch much of it because my computer is byebye, but that's a good point! Who ever came up with that crap?

` I was just reading a Straight Dope column about starting your own country. Maybe you can do that? I know there was a guy who legally claimed an oil rig by Ireland as his own country....

10:26 AM  
Blogger Denny said...

You see the real problemwith me is that I don't want to go join a comune or start my own own country. I kinda of like this one. It just makes me wonder why nobody seems to care anymore about the state that it's in and where it's been going for decades.

11:25 AM  
Blogger jason said...

Wow, I think I just crapped my pants in fear. That was an interesting flick. It seemed a lot of the information was rather vague to be that declaritive. I wish they would have extended it by an hour and a half or so and focused more on actual laws (particularly the part where presidential orders where show one after another with only 1 second to read it. I'm going to check up on the website to see if they have more detailed information. I think the scariest part of that wasn't that we really don't have to pay taxes, but that our money will be tagged in the future and tied into our identity. Flip a switch, and you cease to be able to function in the world. Yikes.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Denny said...

I agree Jason it was very vague and very dramatic. It was also quite slanted. My only problem it what if even half of its true. That still freaks me out to be honest.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home